Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Texture!

Textures are my favorite thing to incorporate into a layout (for print or for web). Adding a subtle texture to a background rather than a solid color makes your design look more thoughtful and professional in a matter of seconds. Usually, I'll save my chosen texture as a grayscale .tif so that I can change the color in indesign and create an overlay with whatever opacity/effect looks best.

I found this cool site with free textures if you're interesting in trying it out!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing--I am going to get some textures. Do you add them to your swatches panel, or just place them as images?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually get them as big as I can find and place them an images.

      Delete
  2. That is very clever! I love texture in layouts.

    ReplyDelete